What is an ERP?
ERP: The Cannabis Acronym
Is your cannabis system really an ERP?
If you’re seeking a cannabis license, then chances are your state requires you to implement a seed-to-sale software in order to qualify. But when it comes to finding the right cannabis software for you, digging through your options can be a bit challenging. ERPs are one of the many options cannabis operators should consider when shopping for cannabis-compliant software. But what is an ERP?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning, a type of software that allows users to integrate their company’s accounting, supply chain management, customer relations, manufacturing, and employee management.
An ERP integrates all of an organization’s departments into a single platform, giving users the ability to plan and implement processes based on their company’s financial data.
While many seed-to-sale software specialize in a few core areas, in order to truly be an ERP, your cannabis business software must be a master of all trades. For this reason, ERPs are becoming increasingly appealing to cannabis operators, and as a result, more and more cannabis software is marketing itself as an ERP.
Top 5 features to look for in a Cannabis ERP
If you’re searching for a true cannabis seed-to-sale ERP, then there are five key features to keep in mind. While many cannabis may market themselves as an ERP, be sure to check if they have the following features before making your decision.
- Schema Structure: Any ERP must be developed around a universal data structure that maintains its integrity throughout the platform. This creates a universal language within the system, facilitating the operational processes of multiple departments and work processes.
- Cannabis POS: A fully integrated POS is an essential aspect of any cannabis ERP as it allows operators to seamlessly implement compliant practices around the selling of cannabis products.
- Hardware Integrations: ERPs must be able to maintain universal integration with hardware throughout an entire organization.
- Adaptable Deployment: ERP systems can be deployed on-premise, through the cloud, or as a hybrid of both.
- Accounting Capabilities: Any system that does not provide accounting functions is simply not an ERP.
Choose the right software for you
In the cannabis industry, there continues to be an ever-growing range of business operations software on the market. If you’re looking to get your cannabis license or simply looking to change systems, it’s impossible to truly consider your options without looking at an ERP solution. Because “ERP” has become something of a buzzword in the cannabis industry as of late, it’s important to determine if the cannabis ERP you're looking at is actually an ERP. If you’re looking for an adaptable, fully developed cannabis ERP, then look no further, Proteus 420 is a cloud-based ERP that gives cannabis operators the flexibility of a monthly SaaS (software as a subscription service) along with enterprise-level capability.
Click Request a Demo now at the bottom of the page to learn more.